Last Updated (Monday, 30 January 2012 16:37)
by Vanessa Giovanniello
Concealers are used to hide imperfections and darkness in order to make the skin look flawless and bright. Concealer is thicker in consistency than foundation and is available in liquid, stick, paste, and powder form.
Tip #1: Use concealers to lighten dark areas
• Reason: Concealers can drastically change anyone’s appearance because it can instantly lift and brighten the face.
Tip #2: Buy “problem specific” concealers
• Reason: Most people use concealers to lighten dark circles under the eyes. These concealers tend to be creamy in texture and lighter on the skin tone so when they are applied to areas with redness or blemishes they tend to highlight the imperfections. If you are trying to cover a blemish, scar, or tattoo a blemish specific concealer or a yellow-based foundation that matches your skin tone is often the best solution.
Steps to Applying Concealer:
1. Apply to the inner corner of the eye and continue underneath close to the lashes
2. Blend thoroughly with your finger
3. Optional: Apply all other liquid products (foundation etc.)
4. Set the concealer with a loose powder
>>Vanessa Giovanniello is a Professional Makeup Artist & YBI Contributor. Click here to visit Vanessa's Facebook page.